Also tagged as interactive monitor or pen display tablet, a drawing tablet with screen is a graphics tablet that features a built-in screen that is connected to a computer. It allows you to directly do sketch, paint, illustrate, draw, airbrush, sculpt, and color illustrations in 3D software from your tablet to a computer.
Whether you are a professional digital artist or a beginner to purchase an interactive monitor for personal use, choosing the most suitable one can be quite overwhelming.
This is because there is a great number of brands and models on the market to choose from. From features to advantages, they have a specific set of things to offer.
The good news is, this buyer’s guide will help you choose the best drawing tablets with screen that suit your needs. Let’s get started!
10 Best Drawing Tablets with Screen – Comparisons
|Wacom Cintiq 22HD||2048||21.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Huion KAMVAS GT-191||8192||19.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|GAOMON PD1560||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|XP-PEN Artist22E Pro||8192||21.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Huion KAMVAS GT-156HD V2||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|XP-PEN Artist15.6 Pro||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|VEIKK VK1560||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|Ugee UG-2150||2048||21.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wacom Cintiq 16||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|Parblo Coast16||8192||15.6||Check Price on Amazon|
10 Best Drawing Tablets with Screen in 2019
1. Wacom Cintiq 22HD 21-Inch Pen Display Tablet
Boasting a 21.5″ HD display, the Wacom Cintiq 22HD offers industry-leading input capabilities that allow graphics artists, designers, photographers and other professionals to work with ease.
Its expertly-designed pen is able to detect pressure and tilt.
The drawing tablet gives you control over pressure sensitive effects such as exposure, opacity and line weight. It has the ability to capture even the slightest pressure because of its highly advanced Tip Sensor.
The Cintiq 22HD takes pride of its ambidextrous design and a pair of rear-mounted Touch Strips. Its Touch Strip Toggle Buttons have four functions such as on-screen canvas rotation, scrolling, zooming and brush size.
- Broad surface offers ease in creating wider strokes
- Large screen results to less tired eyes
- Comes with a multi-adjustable stand for tilting and rotating
- More expensive compared to other brands or models
- It is not that portable when compared to others
2. Huion GT-191 KAMVAS Drawing Tablet with HD Screen
With its 1920 x 1080 HD resolution, the Huion KAMVAS GT-191 can be the one thing you are looking for.
Its 8192 levels of pressure give you world-class experience when drawing, sketching or doing other related activities.
This graphics tablet comes with a smooth plastic finish, making it sleek and sturdy. It is able to support different display ports such as DVI, VGA and HDMI ports, making it compatible with various computer models.
Also, its stand allows you to tilt the tablet from 20to 80 If you are in search of an interactive monitor that offers higher pressure sensitivity, you can take this into consideration.
- A value for money drawing tablet with screen
- A sleek and study interactive monitor
- User-friendly, easy to install drivers
- Works well with Zbrush and Photoshop
- Doesn’t have enough express keys
- Parallax is evident yet bearable
3. GAOMON PD1560 15.6 Inch Screen Drawing Tablet
The GAOMON PD1560 is a beautiful, dependable drawing tablet for every digital designer.
Its full HD screen features 1920 x 1080 pixels, allowing users to draw, sketch and do other activities without compromising quality.
This interactive monitor has a 15.6 inch drawing screen which offers ease and convenience when working on a project. Its digital stylus has 8192 pressure sensitivity levels.
- It is considered a portable drawing tablet
- Very affordable compared to others
- Comes with 10 shortcut keys for Mac and Windows
- Offers a good drawing area considering its price
- Features a 3-in-2 for connecting easily to the computer
- There is no eraser at the back
- Doesn’t have a high quality screen protector
4. XP-PEN Artist22E Pro Graphics Tablet
A value for money – this one of the good things to say about the XP-PEN Artist22E Pro.
If you are looking for a suitable drawing tablet for all your painting, editing, sketching, design and drawing needs, this one suits you.
This interactive monitor works well with art programs such as ZBrush and Krita. It is specifically designed to meet the needs of all digital artists regardless of their level of skills.
This drawing monitor has 16 customizable express keys for various functions and efficiency. Its driver is able to support 4k displays. At the same time, its 21.5 inch drawing pen display boasts a 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution.
- Features a wide screen for all your projects
- Easy to set-up and installation
- Good level of accuracy and pen sensitivity
- Comes with a sturdy body and easy-to-adjust stand
- Great pixel quality and response time
- Its 22-inch monitor takes up a huge desk space
- Not the most affordable drawing tablet on the market
5. Huion KAMVAS GT-156HD V2 with HD Screen
The Huion KAMVAS GT-156HD V2 boasts a 15.6 inches screen display that allows a good drawing space to its users.
With its 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, it can be your reliable buddy when doing activities like sketching, drawing, editing and more.
On the other hand, its 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution is suitable for a wide array of works. This interactive monitor works well with HDMI, so there won’t be any issues connecting it to a modern computer. Also, it features 12 hot keys and a touch bar for zooming in and out.
- A relatively portable drawing tablet
- It is considered an affordable interactive monitor
- Comes with hot keys
- It only supports an HDMI display port
- Some artists do not like its stand
- First time users may encounter driver and installation issues
Useful link: 10 Best Monitors for Eyes
6. XP-PEN Artist15.6 Pro 15.6 Inch Graphics Tablet
XP-PEN has always been striving hard to be one of the leading providers of the best drawing tablets with screen on the market.
They have a goal in mind and that is to make the lives of digital designers seamless.
This is why they released another interactive monitor called the XP-PEN Artist 15.6 Pro. It features a 15.6 inches screen display for a comfortable way of working on your projects.
The XP-PEN 15.6 Pro comes with 8 shortcut keys and a 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution. With its huge screen, it enables users to work flawlessly with brighter and richer shades.
This XP-PEN is known for its lavish and unique design. With its 8192 pressure levels, you can design anything without any hassle.
- Highly compatible with various operating systems
- Offers a great range of accessories
- Comes with easy-to-use stand
- Has a highly sensitive pen
- No eraser included
- Not the most affordable drawing tablet on the market
7. VEIKK VK1560 15.6 inch Drawing Pen Display
Sturdy, good quality and a value for money – the VEIKK VK1560 is what every digital designer needs.
This pen tablet offers a 15.6 inches display area, which gives you enough working space and better viewing.
Not only that, its matte anti-glare screen allows you to use the interactive monitor outdoors with no hassle at all.
Its 1080P resolution is sharp enough for various drawing and sketching projects. This drawing tablet features 7 shortcut buttons and 10 replacement tips.
- Pen does not require battery
- Cursor can switch between various screens
- Comes with quality, sturdy built
- Has impressive color accuracy
- Driver has minimal functions
- Some issues with other drawing apps
8. Ugee UG-2150 21.5 Inch Pen Tablet
When choosing from the best drawing tablets with screen, the Ugee UG-2150 is a good option to consider.
With its 21.5 inches screen and a 1920 x 1080 display resolution, it offers you a great viewing angles.
One of the impressive things you will love about this interactive monitor is its responsive pen.
Also, it features 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, which means that you can rely on this graphics tablet for all your sketching and drawing needs. It comes with an HDMI, DVI-I, and VGA port.
- Features a multi-position adjustable stand
- A cheaper drawing tablet compared to others
- Offers a wider drawing screen
- Reliable pen pressure sensitivity levels
- The screen is quite reflectable
- Lack of express keys
9. Wacom Cintiq 16 Drawing Tablet with Screen
If you are looking for an affordable drawing tablet with screen that does the job, the Wacom Cintiq 16 is a good option for you.
It is suitable for newbie digital designers and creative individuals who want a cheaper yet reliable interactive monitor.
Some of the features of this drawing tablet include 72 percent color gamut, a Pro Pen 2, and a 1920 x 1080 display. It takes pride of its 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
Its 15.6 inches screen display allows decent viewing. On the other hand, its Pro Pen 2 is able to deliver great build quality and sensitivity.
- It is more affordable compared to other brands or models
- Great levels of sensitivity and quality
- A suitable drawing tablet for beginners
- Not for highly advanced users
- Doesn’t have 4k display
- Has no touch capability
- No stand included
10. Parblo Coast16 Digital Graphic Drawing Monitor 15.6 Inch
Known as the latest addition to its family, the Parblo Coast16 features a 15.6 inches pen display.
The screen is matte enough which gives you a nice texture or surface to draw on. It is able to support a 1920 x 1080 resolution.
When taking a closer look at it, this interactive monitor comes with 8 physical shortcut buttons. It also has a dial ring on its side.
One more thing, it offers a stable stand. Its pen is built with quality in mind. Moreover, it boasts 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Good build quality
- Offers impressive drawing experience
- More affordable compared to other brands
- It is portable enough
- Tablet drivers can be quirky at times
- Screen quality is not that impressive
7 Things to Consider Before Buying
If you are thinking of buying the best drawing tablets with screen, here are the different factors to consider before making a final choice:
1. Pressure Sensitivity
When buying a graphics tablet, pressure sensitivity is an important factor to consider. Among all the brands and models available today, the pressure levels can go around from 300 to 3,000.
The level of pressure sensitivity depends on your needs. For beginners, it is wise to choose the one with at least 1,024 pressure level. On the other hand, at least 2,048 pressure levels are recommended to those more advanced users.
A drawing tablet with a high LPI, which stands for lines per inch, offers you sharp graphics and a clearer picture. If you need a drawing tablet that allows you to add more details to your drawing, opt for the one with higher LPI. Typically, larger drawing tablets feature higher resolution compared to the smaller ones.
As previously mentioned, most larger interactive monitors offer higher resolution than smaller ones. So if you want a drawing tablet with a higher resolution, basically you may need to purchase the one with a larger size.
However, does size really matter? In most cases, it does.
If size is not really an issue to you, it is best to choose the one with larger size. However, if you opt for a more portable tablet, having a smaller size gives you ease and convenience.
4. Stylus Type
There are 3 types of styluses (pens) to choose from and you need to consider this when buying a pen display tablet. The first one is the battery-powered stylus. It features a thicker design, which can be quite overwhelming for small hands. When you opt for this type, remember to carry extra batteries with you all the time.
The second type is the rechargeable stylus, which needs charging. This stylus comes with a slimmer body, making it easy for you to draw.
The third type is the EMR stylus. It uses a high-tech electromagnetic frequency for transferring power to the pen from the tablet. It is the most latest of all the three types.
The responsiveness of a drawing tablet refers to the speed or fastness in which the lines that you draw show up on the screen itself. When buying an interactive monitor, check out the type of software it uses. This way, you’ll find the best drawing tablets with screen for you.
6. Display vs. Non-Display Tablets
When making a decision, you need to choose whether you want a display tablet or a non-display one. Display tablets are recommended for beginners because they are easy to use. However, they are more expensive than non-display tablets.
On the other hand, a non-display tablet is hooked up to a computer screen using a USB cable. This tablet is known for its durability and cheaper price.
If you are willing to spend hundreds of dollars just to purchase your drawing tablet, it is wise to consider its warranty period. It is recommended to opt for the one with a default manufacturing warranty of at least 1 year.
This gives you enough peace of mind in case your drawing tablet breaks after a few months from the initial purchase.
A Final Thought
Nowadays, pen display tablets are used for both personal and professional uses. It is good to know that there many brands to choose from these days.
With all the details and information you have learned from this guide, you are probably eyeing on a specific brand or model already. Keep in mind that the best drawing tablets with screen offer the right sets of features and advantages that suit your specific needs.